NFCYM is committed to hosting impactful National Catholic Youth Conferences (NCYC). We know this requires detailed information for planning and participation. Below is a synopsis of our planning timeline and key milestones to facilitate effective coordination by group leaders.
NCYC Planning Timeline:
- Monday before Thanksgiving: The date and location of the next NCYC is announced and the registration, housing, and scholarship processes open. Our website (www.ncyc.us) will reflect the next conference theme, general schedule, and emcees.
Emcee and theme information may be shared with participants at the conclusion of that calendar year’s conference before the website is updated.
- On or about December 1: We will announce sponsorship opportunities.
- On or about February 15: General session speakers are announced. NFCYM reserves the right to share this information with Exchange participants.
- On or about May 15: We will begin to post breakout session topics and speakers. Session descriptions will be posted as they become available.
- On or about June 15: NFCYM begins accepting exhibitor applications from eligible members.
- On or about July 1: Non-members may apply for exhibit space.
- On or about September 15: The interactive exhibit hall service projects are announced.
- On or about October 1: Participant details must be entered into the registration system. NFCYM emails liability waivers to parents and adult participants.
- On or about October 15: Rooming lists due to hotels. NFCYM launches the official NCYC app with a detailed conference schedule, speaker biographies, and exhibit floor map.
- On or before November 1: All liability forms must be submitted.
A dedicated team of members, contractors, vendors, and staff manages NCYC. Together, we strive to provide group leaders with sufficient planning time and keep our members informed and engaged throughout the process. NFCYM staff commits to transparent communication via the www.ncyc.us website regarding any delays affecting the outlined milestones.
We appreciate your dedication to the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) and NCYC. Your feedback and involvement are key to our success. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.